Life has been a whirlwind these past two weeks, and I’m working on a post documenting God’s incredible faithfulness through the Body of Christ here, but in the meantime, here is our” Mold Remediation Plan” which we are working through (we just finished #4 today). We have also moved out while we work on everything, and are staying with a dear family from our school who has a child in Daniel Josiah’s class. They have a GREAT house for kids, so the children think that having black mold is awesome!
1. Get rid of
all items listed
(practically all items in house) in blog post, here
. (yesterday we found black mold on our Scrabble pieces for goodness sakes!)
2. Purchase 50 pint dehumidifier from Lowes or Home Depot (to be put in basement area to keep humidity down)
3. purchase 1 gal. of Micro ban Plus (mold and spore killer), to spray down anything we are trying to salvage
4. Spend a day spraying down all salvageable (things that show NO signs of mold) items with Microban, bleach in laundry anything trying to be preserved.
5. Purchase Hygrometer (humidity gage) in order to keep humidity under control, and prevent any leftover black mold spores from sprouting
6.. Have AdvantaClean
come in to remove current mold in house. Won’t be able to come until September 5 due to their booked schedule.
7. Go through house and wipe down all baseboards with Microban.
8. Have all carpets cleaned by All Star Chem-dry, which uses a special process to remove mold spores brought into house, without wetting carpets
9. Have dry cleaned any sentimental linens, articles of clothing, etc.
10. THEN start moving replacement items into house. (SO NOTHING NEW CAN COME INTO OUR HOUSE UNTIL THE EVENING OF SEPTEMBER 5)
11. Have Benjamin and Malachi’s lungs x-rayed and checked out by traditional medical doctor. Have entire family get checked out by physicians.
12. Have Benjamin detoxed and his immune systems strengthened (after having lived with a suppressed one the first three years of his existence) through an all natural Chinese medicine treatment plan through Green Med Spa
, (Benjamin goes twice a week)
13. Attempt to detox rest of family with essential oils, and natural mold exposure remedies